Monday, February 25, 2008

Toward the Future/From the Past

1. Some things that I found frustrating were that everything had to be written in dialogue. This was my very first time ever writing all dialogue, I wasn’t used to it what so ever. Some of my strengths were that once I started writing, it just all came pretty easy. I was just writing the conversation that was going on as I thought it would onto paper. On a personal basis, I would not even think of pursuing drama writing or doing screenplays. Mainly because it was too hard for me to sit there and think of what characters should and shouldn’t say, also because I don’t like plays at all.

2. If I were to give a 10 year old kid a piece of advice, I would for sure have to tell them to do what they want to do later in life. To not be stuck doing things you don’t like, and not enjoying your time spent. Also that they should actually try hard in school, based on personal experiences mainly because in school, there is nothing worse then having your parents yelling over grades. I would strongly encourage the kid to do what he wants, not what his friends or kids around him say. Another huge piece of advice that I would give, would be to get you license as soon as he turned 16. I still have friends that are done with high school and don’t even have their permits. Also because when you are 16 and you get your license, there is so much more freedom from school, parents, and friends.

3. I think that what lets great literature continue across the ages is the fact that there are so many people who actually care and pay attention to what is being said enough to pass it on to future times to continue its beauty. A reason why this happens may be from documents of people who reference classics in their writing which bring other to seeing it. I could never see myself having my things that I have wrote lasting more then the length of the notebook that I wrote it in.

2 comments:

Alex R said...

yeah, you for sure don't want to be 18 and not have your license, that really limits your freedom

Mr. Miles said...

"I would strongly encourage the kid to do what he wants, not what his friends or kids around him say."

That's really good. I know a number of adults whose lives have been controlled by wanting to live their life to please other people. I guess it needs to be a balance--you don't want to live in disregard of your wife and kids--but you can't make choices of career or things of that nature to please others (or what you wear, how you treat others, etc.).